Adventure Travel -
Rafting & kayaking
Always wanted to learn to whitewater kayak? What a better place than exotic Ecuador to begin your training with professionals!. Four days of in-depth kayaking training and river running. Suitable for advanced kayakers and beginners alike.
Course price: $ 300 USD
- You will have a professional instructor by your side at all times
- You will learn how to read the river currents and how to take the waves in your kayak.
- Roll a kayak [ Eskimo Roll ] training.
- Basic River Rescue techniques.
- Paddling style is emphasized in this training.
- Four day training is recommended. More time practising with an expert makes a big difference in your style and comfort.
- Training intensity is tuned to your comfort level. If you are a natural talent we might be running rapids that afternoon!
- We start with flat water and we end the training with an II+/ III river section.
- Each day you will have a riverside lunch.
What is included?
- Whitewater Kayak, spray skirt, lifejacket, helmet, paddle.
- Professional instructor.
- Transportation in Tena.
Accomodation, transport to Tena, meals except lunch (you should expect to spend around $15 to 20 USD per day in accomodation and dinners).
- Insect repellent
- A couple of surfing shorts and quick-dry t-shirts
- Shoes for water or sandals that hold on to your feet (no flip flops)
If you have shoulder problems, please let the instructor know to take care of it or if it has happen a lot, you should think it twice, because if you have a dislocation in the middle of the river, it is difficult to take out.
If you have previous experience, let us know so the instructors can do special exercises to improve your skills.
View Whitewater Kayak School in a larger map.
Kayak Rolling Video:
Preview "The Kayak Roll" Video from Kent Ford on Vimeo.
If you are taking the class please take a look of this:
kayaking Basic strokes and moves