Adventure Loop East – 6 DAYS
- Cloud Forest & Jungle, Highlands
- Adventure Loop
- 6 Day
- From $ 900 USD
The Adventure Loop is one of our bestsellers as it is packed with the best adventure activities at some of the most beautiful places in Ecuador from highlands through Cloud Forest and Amazon Jungle.
Enjoy the most exciting adventures in the Eastern Andes slopes: Papallacta – Tena – Banos – Quilotoa
- Hike to Chugchilan and hike down the Quilotoa crater.
- Ziplining, biking, and canyoning in Baños
- Whitewater rafting on the Jatunyaku river (class III) in the Amazon jungle
- Accommodation in an Amazon jungle lodge and visit a native community
- Explore the Jumandy caves and relax in the Papallacta hot springs
- Visit Yanacocha animal rescue center
- Enjoy a relaxing massage in a spa in Baños
The 6-day itinerary enables you to feel lots of adrenaline running through your veins, relax well between the activities and enjoy the amazing places you are going to see in an intense way! as Ecuador is a small country and megadiverse you get to see a lot without having to drive long distances, also you can choose the level of adventure. You have the possibility to choose between different types of accommodations according to your budget and preferences
Prices 2016 per person:
|No. of pax
|| 1550 USD
|| 1750 USD
|| 2325 USD
|| 1230 USD
|| 1400 USD
|| 2000 USD
|| 1050 USD
|| 1275 USD
|| 1830 USD
|| 960 USD
|| 1170 USD
|| 1730 USD
|| 900 USD
|| 1100 USD
|| 1670 USD
Adventure Loop East - 6 DAYS
- DAY 1: PAPALLACTA HOT SPRINGS - GUANO BIRD RESERVE - JUMANDY CAVES.
- In the morning we pick you up at your hotel in Quito and head southeast towards the Amazon basin close to Tena, an intimate village surrounded by a series of ancient Kichua tribes. On the way we stop in Papallacta to start the day in the hot springs and enjoy views on the beautiful cloud forest. After the pools we visit "Guano Bird reserve" where we are able to see hundreds of hummingbirds flying around, as Ecuador is a bird paradise, after a delicious lunch in Baeza we go to the Jumandi caves named after a courageous Inca named Jumandi who fought against the Spanish conquistadores as a resistance fighter. With water shoes, helmets and flashlights you´ll walk and swim about 45 minutes through the amazing cave system with lots of stalactites and stalagmites that have created interesting rock formations. Smear the therapeutic mud on your face, which is reputed to be good for the skin and wash off your negative energies in a waterfall! Night near Tena.
(Meals included: hostel class - L, tourist and first class - B, L, D)
- DAY 2: RAFTING JATUNYACU RIVER - MISAHUALLI / DAY 2
- In the morning after breakfast the adventure starts with a rafting tour (class III) on the beautiful Jatunyaku river! Great rapids and waves and the beautiful jungle scenery will make your day. You have lunch on the shore of the river and go to Misahuallí at the end of the rafting, where you will spend the night in a nice lodge along the river. You can relax in the pool or enjoy a cold beer lying in a hammock and listening to the jungle sounds or visit a local Kichua community Misahuallí, where you can observe their customs, traditional food, monkeys capuchinos in the central park, preparation of “maito” traditional meal in the Jungle and you can try exotic food like the "Chontacuros" (a warm thaT grows in the Chonta palm) also "Chicha de yuca" ( a drink made from a native root). You can also buy crafts made by the women of the community 🙂 Night near Tena.
(Meals included: hostel class - B, BL, tourist and first class: B, BL, D)
- DAY 3: ZIPLINING - BAñOS DE AGUA SANTA.
- In the morning you´ll go to Baños via Puyo, one of the most popular tourist spots in the country. You will soon fall in love with this little pleasant town surrounded by green mountains. Baños means 'baths' and that is precisely what the town is famous for. Passing by the Avenue of the Waterfalls, we head to the ziplining court close to Banos. This is a trajectory of 2000 meters of wire divided in 6 circuits located in squally and humid geographic structure with unique flora and fauna, waterfalls and clear water rivers. In the evening you can relax, visit the hot springs (optional) and have dinner.
(Meals included: hostel and tourist class - B, L, first class, B, L, D)
- DAY 4: MOUNTAIN BIKING ALONG WATERFALLS ROAD - DEVIL'S THROAT HIKE.
- After breakfast, you'll be ready for the next adventure: Mountain Biking along the Avenue of the waterfalls first. On the Avenue of the Waterfalls, we have several stops, walk down to the Pailon del Diablo waterfall (Devil's throat) and go by cable car for amazing views of the canyon. Back in Banos - in the late afternoon or evening - enjoy a full-body massage in a spa and stroll through the little streets for some souvenir shopping. Night in Banos.
(Meals included: hostel and tourist class - B, L, first class, B, L, D)
- DAY 5: CANYONING - QUILOTOA.
- As Baños is the perfect location for adventure sports, you´ll do a canyoning tour after breakfast – you descend down to the canyon of the waterfall and will have the fun of your life, certainly always safely secured by your guide. After lunch we head to Quilotoa, and we pass very close to the Cotopaxi National Park, Hike down to the lake inside of the crater of the Quilotoa where you can rent a kayak and hire a mule to go back to the top of the crater, then spend the night in the Quilotoa where you are going to spend the night to acclimatize for your tour the next day. Night in Quilotoa.
(Meals included: hostel class - B, L, tourist and first class: B, L, D
- DAY 6: TREK QUILOTOA-CHUGCHILAN.
- The day that begins with spectacular views of the unique Andean landscape after breakfast we hike from the Quilotoa crater to Chugchilán we will have some awesome views of the canyon of Toachi River. To begin we will walk by the crater edge with impressive views of the lagoon inside, then we descend where lies the small indigenous village of Huayama. As we descend the switchback trails down to the Toachi River Gorge, the climate and scenery changes dramatically. Soon we will be surrounded by the canyon walls and hike along the river banks. The hike ranges from 4 to 5 hours and is moderately challenging. Transport back to Quito after lunch. Drop off at your hotel.
(Meals included: B, L)
Please let us know if you have any questions about this trip.
- accommodation in double rooms with private bathroom in the hotel category booked (double room with private bathroom)
- meals as shown (B: breakfast, L: lunch, BL: box lunch, D: dinner)
- bilingual trip leaders
- private transportation
- all adventure gear
- specialized instructors for the adventure activities
- all activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- tips for guides and drivers
- extra drinks
- personal expenses
- travel insurance
- night in Quito on day 6
This trip can leave any day of the year with a minimum of 2 people.
You can book online using our Booking and reservation on line tool.
Examples of accommodations:
Hostel class: Hosteria France-Amazonia (Misahualli), Hostal La Chimenea (Banos), Hosteria Cuello de la Luna (Lasso) or similar
Tourist class: Cotococha Lodge (Napo), La Floresta (Banos), Hosteria Chuquiragua (Cotopaxi) or similar
First class: Hamadryade Lodge (Tena), Luna Runtun (Banos), Hacienda Santa Ana (Machachi) or similar
Hiking in the Andes, mountain biking, cable car ride, white water rafting (class III), ziplining, canyoning, cave hike (no previous experience needed)
What to bring:
- Warm clothes for Cotopaxi (wind and waterproof)
- Hat and gloves (can also be bought at the Cotopaxi National Park)
- Trekking shoes & river sandals
- Bathing suit
- Quick dry shorts and shirt
- Sunscreen & insect repellent
- one set of dry clothes to change after the rafting/canyoning/cave hike