Cuyabeno Jungle Expedition – Siona Lodge
Siona Lodge is idyllically situated in one of the last unspoiled native jungles in the Amazon, the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve. By being exposed to the untouched natural beauty surrounding the lodge, you will understand and share that these resources should be enjoyed and preserved for future generations to come. Siona Lodge is a great medium-class lodge with great service, ideal for those looking for privacy in the middle of the jungle.
Siona Lodge has the best and one of the single most distinctive locations in the reserve, allowing for picturesque sunsets viewed across the large freshwater lake. Much of the wildlife you will see is dependent on the unique ecosystem the lake supports allowing for some rare viewing opportunities.
Siona Lodge accommodates up to 20 people in four individual guest huts; each hut has 2 double bedrooms each with its own private bathroom and shower. Spacious balconies, complete with a hammock and lounge chairs, invite you to relax and enjoy your surroundings.
The heart of the Main Lodge is a spacious dining area. Siona Lodge takes pride in our ability to prepare and serve gourmet cuisine in such an isolated location. The staff takes great care to ensure fresh, local ingredients are the basis for our recipes so you will enjoy your dining experience as much as you do the unspoiled ambiance of the surrounding jungle. The dining area lounge is equipped with a fully stocked bar so you can enjoy any of your favorite after-dinner cocktails.
|Double or triple room (private bathroom):
||$330 USD per person
|Double or triple room (private bathroom):
||$390 USD per person
Kids until 11 years old have 30% of discount.
Departures: 4 days tour departs every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. The tour of 5 days departs every Monday and Thursday.
Cuyabeno Natural Reserve Tour
- DAY 1: PICK UP IN LAGO AGRIO/ DRIVE TO THE CUYABENO / BOAT RIDE
- Reception in Lago Agrio in the morning and transfer to Cuyabeno River. Box lunch on the way. At this point, the visitors have to register in the Reserve’s office. Here the naturalist guide will give information about the Reserve, important recommendations and other tips to begin the two hours navigation through Cuyabeno River to the Big Lagoon, where the Lodge is located. Along the river you will find several species in its natural habitat as monkeys, toucans, parrots, insect and the exuberant Amazonian vegetation. Arrival at the lodge and check in. Night walk in the primary forest to observe amphibians and reptiles for about one hour. Return to the lodge for a welcome cocktail and dinner.
- DAY 2: SIONA TRIBE VISIT / ANIMAL SIGHTSEEING NAVIGATION
- After breakfast, departure to the Siona Indian Community of Puerto Bolivar, the largest ethnic group in the Reserve. During this tour, you will learn their customs, traditions, and way of life. You will be part of the elaboration of the Casabe; a local dish made of yucca (carbohydrates principal feed of the community). The trip takes 2 hours navigation downstream to get there, in the route will be possible to admire the existing fauna along the Rio Cuyabeno such as birds, monkeys, snakes, pink dolphins, tortoises, and many others. A visit to the shaman is also included. This is a full day excursion with lunch in the community . Return to the lodge. Night navigation to observe caimans. Dinner
- DAY 3: PRIMARY FOREST TREK / NAVIGATION TO THE BIG LAGOON
- Breakfast. Trek in the primary rain forest for approximately 3-5 hours in the distance you will be able to explore the beautiful and complex tropical ecosystem. You will find the great variety of species of plants, trees and animal life. Lunch back at the lodge. In the afternoon navigation on the big lagoon to enjoy the surrounding of the lake, swimming and beautiful views of the sunset. Dinner.
- DAY 4: BIRD WATCHING / TRANSFER OUT - EXTENSION:PADDLE CANOE / HIKE IN AND SURVIVAL JUNGLE TECNIQUES
- 4 DAY TRIP : Bird watching optional excursion early in the morning before breakfast. Breakfast and transfer to Lago Agrio to take your flight back to the highlands or to drop you off at the bus stations too.
EXTENSION 5 DAY TRIP: Paddle to Canangueno Lagoon by a traditional paddle canoe and be aware of the birds on the way, then hike in the forest are the activities for the 4th day. The 5th day is the departure day.
- EXTENSION DAY 5:
- Bird watching optional excursion early in the morning before breakfast. Breakfast and transfer to Lago Agrio to take your flight back to the highlands or to drop you off at the bus stations too.
[fareharbor shortname=”galapagosgo” items=”33441″ fallback=”simple” type=”responsive”]
- Stay in double accommodation
- Transportation Lago Agrio – Cuyabeno – Lago Agrio - River transportation in motorized canoe
- Coffee, tea, purified water 24 hrs
- 3 meals per day except breakfast (first day) and lunch (last day)
- Excursions & activities
- Certified bilingual guide (English, naturally Spanish)
- Rain boots and poncho
- Transportation Quito-Lago Agrio-Quito (bus $15 one way, flight aprox. $180 round-trip) - - -
- Community fee $5
- Alcoholic beverages, extra drinks
- Personal expenses - Tips