Galapagos Islands Hopping with Comfort & Style
- Galapagos Islands
- Galapagos Land Tours
- 8 days
In this trip consisting of eight days to the “enchanted Islands” of Galapagos, with first class hotels at a great value for money we invite you to visit the most beautiful landscapes that this planet has to offer with comfort and style.
The abundant and mostly endemic fauna of Galapagos, so as countless beautiful white coral beaches makes the Galápagos a heavenly paradise to visit. Our program the “Galapagos Islands Hopping” combines conducted
activities and excursions with a carefully planned schedule that will allow you to freely enjoy the beaches and appreciate all of the activities that this tour has to offer. In our tour package, you won’t have to worry about transportation, accommodations, and of course our guided tours around the island, we will take care of everything from maritime transportation, your stopover at the hotel of your preference (includes breakfast) and the tours that will be mentioned below. We have planned a route that will get you closer to the Galapagos Islands and experience its loveliness in an adventure that consist on visiting the three main islands, Islands where the well
know theory of evolution by Charles Darwin was based on. At these locations you will be able to see the vast variety of marine wildlife in which you will get closer to the fauna of the islands. Some of the animals that you will have the privilege to appreciate are the sea lions, sharks, marine and land iguanas, blue footed boobies, red-footed boobies, Nazca boobies, frigates, lava gulls, flamingos, pelicans, penguins, finches, and the Galápagos giant tortoises to name a few that this volcanic setting has to offer. Our snorkel setting will also allow you to appreciate more of the marine animals such as turtles, sharks, penguins, rays and sea horses.
The trip begins in San Cristóbal, in the capital of the Galápagos province Puerto Baquerizo Moreno. Here you will visit beautiful beaches, viewpoints, the highland, the Junco lagoon, and the Galapaguera Breeding center. The third day you will participate in a Daily Tour to Kicker Rock, which is a one of the best places to do snorkel or diving and see the hammerhead sharks. The trip continues to Santa Cruz Island, where you will do a little walking to Tortuga Bay beach. Also you will participate in a guided Bay Tour. Then you will go to Isabela Island, the biggest and most beautiful island. Here you will stay in Puerto Villamil close the beach, you will know the Flamingos Lagoon, the “wall of tears”, and the Breeding Center. You will also participate in a snorkel tour
to Los Tunnels, and in a daily tour to highlands of Sierra Negra where you will walk to Chico volcano. The last day you will go back to Santa Cruz and continue to the airport in Baltra, where you take your flight to Quito or Guayaquil. We are sure that the beautiful white sand ́s beaches, the sun of middle of the world, the fresh ocean water, and the plenty of endemic and historical animals, will make this trip an unforgettable experience.
Galapagos Island Hopping Comfort
- SAN CRISTOBAL ISLAND / DAY 1
- From Quito or Guayaquil departures your flight to San Cristóbal (Galápagos), reception and transfer to the hotel, the rest of day is free. Use the afternoon
to walk to the interpretation center and hike to the viewpoint Tijeretas Hill, which is close to the village (in hotel can help you with the information). Then you will go back visiting the Charles Darwin monument and the Cabo de Horno beach. At the
Punta Carola Bay you can swim and snorkel with the Sea Lions, and finally you can see the sunset in Playa Man beach. If you don ́t bring your own Snorkel equipment, you can rent it in the village.
- EL JUNCO LAGOON & PUERTO CHINO / DAY 2
- Early in the morning your English speaking guide picks you up from the hotel to visit the highlands and the west of the island. In this shared tour you make a little walk to El Junco Lagoon, which is the biggest fresh water lake of the archipelago, and then you visit the Galapaguera, where your Guide will explain the differences between the different types of tortoises. Finally you will visit the beautiful beach of white sand Puerto Chino, where you can walk to a view point and swim with the Sea Lions. After a typical lunch on a little farm in the highlands you return to your hotel.
- KICKER ROCK / DAY 3
- After breakfast your English speaking guide will pick you up at the hotel. You participate in a shared boat tour to Kickers rock, a huge rock in the middle of the sea, which is located 7km from the port. Here you can see many kinds of birds, likes Pelicans, Boobies, Frigates, and Tropical Birds. Kickers Rock is one of the best places to do snorkel and diving, because you have good possibilities to see a lot of reef fishes, hammerhead shark, giant rays, and sea turtles. On the way back to the town you will make a stop on a lonesome beach where you can swim and relax. In the evening we recommend you a walk on the waterfront, where many Sea Lions walk through the town.
- ISABELA AND SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS / DAY 4
- At 06:40 in the morning you must be in the port, from where your speedboat departures at 07:00 am to Santa Cruz island. Here you can go to the hotel on foot or
take a taxi. (200 mts from the port). Use your free day to go to one of the most beautiful beaches in South America: Tortuga Bay. From entrance, where you must register and can buy some snaks or beverages, there is 2, 5 km long walking trail to
the big beach, where you have to walk for 1 km to the right to reach the quiet beach, called Playa Mansa. In this little bay you can swim or rent a kayak. We also recommend you to visit the Charles Darwin Station in Puerto Ayora, where you will see different tortoise and the big yellow land iguanas. Close to the station there is a little beach, which is a popular place to observe the sunset. At the night we recommend you to take an open air dinner in the famous “meal’s street” (Calle de las comidas).
- PUERTO AYORA / DAY 5
- After breakfast you have the transfer to the Puerto Ayora’s dock, to participate in a guided Bay Tour. This is a combination of a boat ride and a walking tour, in which you will know the Germans beach, the dog’s beach, a shark channel and Las Grietas (crevasse), where you can swim. In the Lobería you will have enough time to swim and snorkel with the playful sea lions. Your guide will give you plenty information
about flora and fauna. At midday the tour finishes and you come back to town. At 14:00 pm your speed boat departures to Isabela Island so you must be 30 minutes before at the dock. The travel is during 2 hours approximately. In Isabela you have the transfer to your hotel.
- DAY 6 / ISABELA ISLAND
- Early in the morning the guide picks you up to go to the highland of Isabela. In this tour you first go by bus to the highest point, where the street ends. Here you start walking always uphill for about 7 km to reach the crater of the Sierra Negra volcano.
You then continue walking through fantastic volcanic landscape to the Chico Volcano, a smaller crater where you can sometimes observe fumaroles. The view from this magic place to the other volcanos of Isabela and to other islands is awesome. After a Box lunch you will walk back to the town. At sunset you can see pelicans and blue foot boobies playing with the sea in the quite Concha Perla Bay (close to the dock). We recommend you take the dinner in any restaurant in the main street.
- DAY 7 / THE TUNNELS TOUR
- After breakfast you will be picked up at your hotel. (The time of the pickup may vary, because the tour depends on the tide). From here you go by boat for about 1 hour along the coast to a spectacular place, where once the hot lava of a volcanic eruption met the sea and has formed strange formations of black lava, that looks like arches and tunnels. That’s why this place is known as The Tunnels. After a short walk with your guide where you can observe some boobies and penguins, you jump into the water and snorkel in a huge natural aquarium. You may see turtles, sharks, and a lot of colorful fishes, lobsters, and even sea horses. After about 6 hours you are back in town.
- DAY 8 / PUERTO AYORA
- At 05:30 am is the transfer out to dock, because your speedboat departures at 06:00
am back to Puerto Ayora. At the dock your driver is already waiting for you to bring you to the north side of the island to the Itabaca Channel. Here you cross by ferry to the Baltra Island, where you take the bus of the airline, which brings you to the airport. The total time from Puerto Ayora to the airport will be about 90 minutes, so make shore that your flight leaves past midday. You fly back to Quito or Guayaquil where you arrive in the afternoon.
- All visits accompanied by a naturalist guide of the National Park (English/Spanish speaking)
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary (menus for lunch and dinner)
- All transportation within Galapagos Islands (boat, bus)
- Snorkel Gear (up to size 47) and wetsuit (shorty)
- Accommodation in accommodation chosen in double or triple rooms with private bathroom
- Airflight rate to Galápagos (we can book the flights for you)
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee (100 USD for adults / 50 USD for children aged less than 12 years)
- Galapagos transit control card (20 USD per person)
- Extra drinks
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance