Santa Cruz & Isabela Tour
The Galapagos Islands Hopping Tours are semi-private tours that can start any day of the week according to your individual needs.
The Island Hopping individual and flexible tours are semi-private tours that can start any day of the week according to your individual needs. Choose your favorite accommodation class according to your budget, you can choose from Hostal, Tourist, First or Luxury.
Ideal for people who don’t want to be on board during the entire tour! Transportation between islands is by public speed boat. Passengers will be combined with other groups for certain activities. Tours can depart any day with a minimum of 2 people.
Santa Cruz & Isabela Tour
- Day 1 / Baltra & Santa Cruz Islands
- Arrival on Baltra airport, transfer to Santa Cruz. We'll have lunch in a local farm and then spot giant tortoises in the wild nearby. After having taken pictures of these quiet animals, we will head to Garrapatero a nice beach where we can swim and relax. (please have you bath suit put on or in your backpack). Then we will go the port town of Puerto Ayora to our hotel, check in. The Evening is free to enjoy. Meals included: B/L/-
- Day 2 / Isabela Island
- 7 AM boat to Isabela. The ride takes 2h30. At arrival our guide will pick you up and take you to the hotel. Our first visit will be the Wetlands. This mangrove area is home to numerous species from marine iguanas to reintroduced tortoises, Darwin finches, we will also visit the Flamingo lagoon. Lunch in town and in the afternoon we will visit the Tintoreras islet (shared basis tour). There we can spot the Penguins, marine iguanas, sea lions, and even sometimes sharks resting in a lava tunnel. The tour includes also snorkeling, usually we can spot turtles there. The evening is free to enjoy. Meals included: B/L/-
- Day 3 / Isabela Island (Sierra Negra Volcano Hike)
- Today we will hike to Sierra Negra volcano and volcano Chico. The hike is long (16 km in total, around 6 hours), but really worth it. We can hike with spectacular lava sceneries and views to the northern volcanoes and Fernandina island. Lunch and then back to port, around 3PM, time free to enjoy the beach or visit (on your own, entrance free the Concha y Perla lagoon or the Tortoise breeding center. Note: IN HOSTAL CATEGORY this tour is shared with box lunch as lunch, other categories it is private with lunch in a restaurant. 2. An amazing day of snorkeling: A tour to Cabo Rosa on the south of the island. At this point lava entered the ocean creating beautiful lava tunnels under and above water. There is no hiking available on this tour, only snorkeling. The evening is free to enjoy in Puerto Villamil. Meals included: B/L/-
- Day 4 / Isabela -Baltra
- Time free until pick up for your transfer to airport. Flight to Baltra (35mn more or less). Connection with your flight to the mainland. Meals included: B/-/-
- All visits accompanied by a naturalist guide of the National Park (English speaking)
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- All transportation on the islands (boat, bus, plane)
- Accommodation in double rooms with private bathroom in the hotel category chosen
- Snorkelling equipment (up to size 45)
- Airflight rate to Galapagos (we can book the flights for you or you can book by yourself)
- Galápagos National Park entrance fee (100 USD for adults / 50 USD for children)
- INGALA Card (Tourist Migratory Control Card: 20 USD per person)
- Optional wet suit rental (5 USD per day for a shorty)
- Extra drinks
- Personal expenses