GALAXY I FIRST CLASS YACHT
Enjoy your Galapagos holidays on board our First class cruise: Galaxy Yacht (smart Voyager Certification). On board this well-designed vessel, you can enjoy of complete days of explorations and adventure in an oasis of peace and tranquility.
Galaxy has 9 beautiful and comfortable double cabins for 16 passengers; 3 cabins are located on the upper deck, 3 in the main deck and 3 in the lower deck. Our physical capacity is for 18 passengers being this one advantage more to offer space and facility to accommodate single passengers, tour leaders, which creates on board a very personalized service.
Each cabin has private facilities: private bathrooms, cold/hot water; air conditioned, hair dryer, telephone for internal communication on board, safe box, and high speaker.
Galaxy Yacht offers a spacious sundeck with a fantastic area to enjoy Galapagos landscapes, dinner area, lounge, bar and a small library. Our activities on board: hiking, snorkeling, swimming, kayaking, and animal watching. We provide free snorkel gear (mask, tube, and fins) and kayaks to complete your adventure in the island.
You will find a bottle of water in your cabin the first day; you can use it and carry on when you land. This bottle can be refilled with fresh water from the dispenser placed in the lounge
GALAXY I YACHT// 8 DAYS GALAPAGOS CRUISE // ITINERARY E+A
- DAY 1: SATURDAY / BALTRA ISLAND– MOSQUERA ISLET
- Arrive to Baltra Island and Transfer In
MOSQUERA ISLET: This islet is located between Baltra Island and North Seymour. Here, we find the biggest sea lions colony; also it is possible to observe several species of birds. Enjoy of its white sand beach. Hiking.
- DAY 2: SUNDAY / SANTIAGO ISLAND: SULLVAN BAY & BARTOLOME ISLAND
- SANTIAGO ISLAND: SULLIVAN BAY: wet landing and hiking. Description of the place: all the road and the island is composed of lava flows that still they are virtually without eroding and they cover an extensive area, lava pohoehhoe or of cords, hornitos, mollugo, this plant grows in the lava. Lava Colonizers. Snacks and refreshing beverages expect for you.
BARTOLOME ISLAND: Dry landing, landing wet for the beach, activities to carry out in this island: walk, swimming, snorkeling, and photography. We will walk for a path to the top (114 m) pioneering plants that will observe in this place TIQUILIA, CHAMAESYCE, SCALESIA, the island is formed by cones, pipes of lava by where lava flow. Wet landing, path to the south beach through mangrove swamps and vegetation of dunes. North beach: Swimming and snorkeling will be the activities that are going to carry out. Since the top of the island Bartolome we will be able to observe the islands as Santiago, Rabida, Isabela. We can find penguins in the Rock Pinnacle.
- DAY 3: MONDAY / GENOVESA ISLAND: BARRANCO & DARWIN BAY
- BARRANCO: dry landing, activities: hiking.
Also known as Prince Felipe’s stairs. Here, we will have a walk for the Barranco path. In our journey we will observe tropical birds, petrels, common frigate, red-foot boobies, mask boobies, dove, and finches. Return to Galaxy. Lunch
DARWIN BAY: wet landing, coral beach, activities for this day: short walks, photography, swimming, snorkeling. The Genovesa is a small island situated to the north of Galapagos our unloading in Darwin bay will be wet. Near to the beach we will find a small forest of mangrove swamp where we will discover a colony of Frigates, marine iguanas, red-foot boobies and mask boobies, the great terrestrial finch, seagull, herons, finch of cactus. After this visit in land, we have the option that our passengers enjoy swimming in the bay. Snacks and refreshing beverages expecting for you.
- DAY 4: TUESDAY / SAN CRISTOBAL ISLAND: INTERPRETATION CENTER - LOBOS ISLAND
- INTERPRETATION CENTER: Dry landing. This center is location in the Main Port. After our breakfast we will go toward our first visit: Interpretation Center of San Cristobal. The most modern and sophisticated architectural space destined for the natural interpretation of Galapagos, where you can know from the volcanic formation of the islands, the evolution of the species, passing for the history of the human settlements to come to understand to its complex systems and model of management. Transfer out.
PM LOBOS ISLAND. Panga Ride, swimming and snorkeling. Description of the place: this place is the habitat of seals, frigates, finches, marine iguanas, lava lizards, and the small endemic Galapagos snake. Here, we can swim and snorkeling in the same place. Leon Dormido: This is formed by two rocks of approximately 148m above sea level named thus by its similitude with a lion we will pass between both rocks but we will not disembark because is not possible to do it.
- DAY 5: WEDNESDAY / ESPAÑOLA ISLAND
- Breakfast early in the morning. Our first visit:BAHIA GARDNER: wet landing, activities for this visit: short walking, swimming, snorkeling, and observation of seals colony.
The sea lion is one of the animals in Galapagos which gets the total attention of the visitors in the Galapagos: they are curious and playful, but at times aggressive; they are nice and loving, but also lazy. In Gardner Bay, we are going to find many of them relaxing in the beach enjoying of the sun. Snorkeling in the area where we will be able to swim with them, besides you observe these fascinating animals, we will swim with the sea turtles, diversity of tropical fish, marine iguanas etc. We will return to the ship, to sail toward the following island. Lunch.
SUAREZ POINT: dry landing, activities that were carried out in this place: walking; recommendable clothes: sports shoes, hat, cap, solar lotion. There is not color more amazing and outstanding in this tropical desert island that the blue-foot boobies; they have an impressive form to “greeting” and it is a real spectacle to see the ritualistic parade of the entourage. In several islands we can admire this bird due to that nests and feed are located in diverse places close to the coast. In this place we will be able to observe the Albatross with a weight from three to four kilograms and an importance of more than two meters, this creature of aristocratic aspect is one of the largest birds of the islands. Around twelve thousand couples have their nests in the Española Island (some few in the Silver Island near of main land Ecuador). This specie is considered endemic from this island during our walking we will be able to observe these fantastic birds, we will be part of the beautiful and only landscapes that offers this island. Important Note: Albatross will be not possible to see between January and March. Also we will observe colonies of marine iguanas, zayapas, mask boobies, finches, Española cucuves, and seagulls unique of the island. Our walking will be for lava rock path where we will be able to admire the hollow blowers. The vegetation of this island is of red mangrove. Delicious Snacks and fresh beverages expect for you.
- DAY 6: THURSDAY / FLOREANA ISLAND
- Breakfast early in the morning. Our first visit will be POST OFFICE (Mail Bay): Wet landing. Activities in this place: short walk, swimming, snorkeling, review of the mail. Description of the Place: it is situated to the north of Floreana Island. The Post Office Bay name is because of Capitan James Colnett installed an empty Ron barrel, to use it as post office for the whaling fleets that frequented for a long time the Galapagos Islands. You can send some postcards from here to your friends and relatives or interchange letter to deliver in their destiny. Return. Delicious snacks and beverages will be expecting for you and lunch
PUNTA CORMORANT: wet landing, snorkeling and short trekking. This point is located at west of Floreana Island and it is famous to has a dark green beach due to the great quantity of olivine crystals. You can see many marine invertebrates, as well as also sea lions, sea iguanas, the frigates and pelicans. Second visit: DEVIL´S CROWN: Activities in this place: panga ride and optional swimming. Panga ride around of a small island, this place was a satellite islet of the island Floreana. Here, we will find a group of rocks that seem to a crown, due to the constant erosion caused by the sea. It is one of the better places to do snorkeling (superficial diving) in the interior and around of the crown, excellent visibility to admire a great variety of fishes and sea animals.
- DAY 7: FRIDAY / SANTA FE ISLAND & SOUTH PLAZAS ISLAND
- SANTA FE: Wet landing, activities for this day: hiking, swimming and snorkeling. Description of this place: With 24 Km2 and 60 meters of height above sea level, it is an almost central island that has a unique place of visit: an incredible bay with turquoise water protected by a natural barrier of rocks and from you can appreciate colonies of seals and hawks flying over. It is home of one of the two species of land iguanas that have the islands, their main food are the leaves and fruits of the large and thick cactus. Crabs, nocturnal herons, marine iguanas, cucuves and land doves are seen frequently. The Bay is excellent place to swim and to do snorkeling. Marine Tortoises, rays, sea lions and tropical fishes are an amazing attraction! Snacks and refreshing beverages expect for you on board. Lunch. Navigation toward South Plazas Island.
SOUTH PLAZAS are two small islands, created by land uplift where land iguanas are known to be smaller; they nest during warm time. The hike goes along an extraordinary cliff where sea birds nest.
Approximately, in this Island there are 1000 sea lions (Zalophus wollebaeki)and they are located in south side of Plazas
- DAY 8: SATURDAY / SANTA CRUZ ISLAND
- We take our breakfast very early in the morning. Our luggage and all your belongings should be list to check out in the ship, our last visit: ESTACION CHARLES DARWIN.
Charles Darwin Station is located in the Main Port of Santa Cruz Island, we will take our private bus that take us to the entrance of the center of breeding where we go to appreciate tortoises and land iguanas in captivity, this center is the main site of breeding of the islands. Animals that were in danger of extinction in the different islands are maintained in captivity and thanks at dedicated work of several institutions some species are saving, here was where the most famous tortoise “the Solitary George” the last survivor of the species of Pinta Island lived. Transfer Out.
** ITINERARY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
- Accommodation on board, matrimonial/twin standard cabinwith private facilities
- All excursions mentioned in the itinerary (Subject to change)
- All transfers in Galapagos (airport - yacht-airport transfers in Galapagos are only included if the flight has been booked through us)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Naturalist bilingual guide (English-Spanish) class III
- Fresh water, tea, coffee.
- Snorkeling equipment
- Airflight rate Quito – Galápagos – Quito
- Airport Transfers Galapagos( if the flight has not been booked with us, an additional airport transfer will have to be booked, if a flight delay occurs, an additional speed boat may have to be hired at your own expense to take to you to our yacht)
- Galápagos National Park entrance fee (100 USD for adults / 50 USD for children)
- INGALA Card (Tourist Migratory Control Card: 20 USD per person)
- Extra drinks
- Personal expenses
- Wetsuit rental (10 USD per day)