What personal information do we collect or receive, and why do we collect it?
We may collect and process personal information about you, including:
- Your full name, date of birth, gender, title, postal address, phone number, email address, next of kin, dietary requirements, height and weight, travel insurance details, passport details (including nationality and city of birth), passport scan, visa application, visa page scan. We may also ask for medical information, which is considered sensitive under data protection laws.
- Any additional information you provide during the booking process to check if a trip is right for you. For example, if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, have a disability, medication that requires refrigeration, etc.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We may also keep records of the products and services you have enquired about or purchased from us, as well as collect information relevant to your booking. These include flights and accommodation details you have not booked through Barefoot.
To maintain customer service standards and to assist staff training, we may record and monitor incoming calls.
Photo and Video
Barefoot leaders and guides will take pictures on the trip, photos that we would love to share on our website and social media upon your consent.
Purpose of information
To handle your inquiry, fulfill your product or service request or manage your booking, we may share your personal information with the following:
- Inside Barefoot Group (including group leaders)
- Partners (i.e., Local Travel agencies, etc.)
- Travel providers (i.e., Airlines, tour companies, etc.)
- Third-party operators (i.e., local operators, couriers, mailing houses, payment processors, etc.)
- Suppliers and Service providers (i.e., hotels, transfer drivers, etc.)
- Government authorities (i.e., border crossings, Galapagos Council Government, etc.)
- If a non-Barefoot affiliated tour company operates your trip, your personal information will be provided to that Company to confirm you on the trip and provide the relevant services.
- We also share your personal information with travel providers or third-party local operators to improve services and experiences and to investigate where necessary.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We assure you only the relevant people will have access to this information.
Any information we share with travel providers is via secure methods, and the travel provider is responsible for any information they hold in their system.
Personal information collected will allow us to process the corresponding request for services, as stated by the passenger. The data might also be used for mailing offers and newsletters regarding promotional travel packages and new articles aside to Comply with all services “requested and confirmed by the user.”
This information may also be used for the following: Post-sale Measurement of service quality perception by the customer; Advertising purposes Mailing offers and news concerning the Company.
The information gathered is stored in our servers to maintain internal records.
Disclosure of information by third parties
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this document.
A cookie does not give access to the hard disk or personal identification information. These cookies have a short lifetime and are automatically deleted from the hard drive.
The user can delete cookies within the privacy settings of the web browser used.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Barefoot Expeditions is highly committed to the security and safeguarding of stored information. For this purpose, we maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, or alteration, access, disclosure, or malicious use.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Data Protection Rights
We want you to feel reassured that you have control of the information you provide to us. Depending on relevant data protection laws, you have certain rights over your personal information, including:
- Right of access
- Right to rectify your personal information
- Right to be forgotten
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to withdraw consent
If the user decides to receive information no longer, the subscription can be canceled by sending an e-mail to the [email protected] or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link “at the bottom of any e-mail.
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you have questions about how we treat your data and protect your privacy, or if you have any comments or wish to seek to exercise any of your rights. Please write to [email protected] or by telephone +593 (0)995431895.
All rights reserved—Design and content © Barefoot Expeditions 2021.